The North Georgia Network (NGN) is building and operating a 1,000-mile fiber optic system that will serve as a digital highway for North Georgia.
What makes the system technology unique?
North Georgia Network’s Trailwave fiber optic technology represents the next wave of broadband advances that uses light waves versus electricity to transmit data more efficiently. The network’s 260-mile core features the latest available digital optical technology to deliver broadband speeds as fast as those anywhere in the world.
What will the benefits of high-speed services mean to North Georgia?
- Enable schools to offer more robust communications and distance learning
- Support bandwidth-hungry applications such as eCommerce, eGovernment, high definition video and social networking
- Allow businesses to better compete in the global economy
- Support more robust healthcare services
- Provide our citizens with world-class access and connectivity